I believe mathematicians are not a well represented group. There are numerous factors for that; some from the society’s lack of love towards mathematics, some from mathematicians themselves not feeling the need to promote anything that they do. Overall, It is clear that most mathematicians have a great background, but humility gets to them.
I am a new professional in this field, and I can use any advice I can take. In this series, I decided to seek for that advice and get insights of great mathematicians around me about questions like “What being a mathematician means to them?”, “What makes a good researcher?”, etc.
Here are some conversations I had :
- Stefano Capparelli (Sapienza Università di Roma)
- Christoph Koutschan (Johann Radon Institute for Computational and Applied Mathematics)
- Krishnaswami Alladi (University of Florida)
- Douglas Cenzer (University of Florida)
- Kevin Knudson (University of Florida)
- Philip Boyland (University of Florida)
- Krishnaswami Alladi – 2 (University of Florida)